Checklist of Documents You’ll Need
When you meet with one of our personal injury attorneys, we’ll guide you through what documentation you’ll need to pursue your personal injury claim. However, if you want to get a head start, bring the following with you, as they will speed the process along:
- Any documentation related to the injury, including photographs, copies of prescriptions, medical records, X-rays, scans, and any additional evidence to prove the injury exists
- Insurance information, both your own and any correspondence received from the opposing party’s insurance company
- Receipts for expenses related to the injury, such as medical and insurance bills, equipment fees, costs for receiving treatment or physical therapy, etc.
- Police reports if applicable
- Witness statements if you have them
- Proof of loss of wages due to the injury
- Photos of where the incident occurred, such as the site of an auto crash or of the poor premises maintenance that led to an injury
- Estimates or costs for repairs of vehicles or personal property damaged in the accident
- Proof of towing and transportation expenses for auto accidents
If you don’t have all of these documents at your first consultation, don’t worry. These are just examples of what can be helpful in your first meeting with our attorneys. We can obtain some of this evidence ourselves once we’ve started working on your case. Nonetheless, this gives you an idea of what will be necessary for the process.